For a direct link to the Kreidersville Covered Bridge Association website click on
The Kreidersville Covered Bridge was built in 1839. In 1959, it inspired the citizens of Northampton County to rally for its preservation after it became known that the State Highway Department had plans to build a new concrete bridge in its place. It became one of the first covered bridges to be recognized for preservation by a committee of enthusiasts, who in 1959 formed a State organization called "The Theodore Burr Covered Bridge Society of Pennsylvania", so named for the arched truss patented by Theodore Burr and used in the construction of this bridge. In 1960, The Burr Covered Bridge Society, together with The Harmony Grange and local citizens, influenced the Northampton County Commissioners to accept ownership after the Pennsylvania State Highway Department restored the bridge.
On September 30, 1961, State, County and local representatives took part in the rededication of the bridge, then known as Solt's Bridge. The bridge in olden days was known in the community as "Hummel's - Koch's - Solt's Bridge," names of families who lived near the bridge in years gone by. Allen Township became the proud owner of this bridge on December 23, 1997. It is the only covered bridge of three in the immediate area to survive and the only one left in Northampton County. Today it proudly bears the name "Kreidersville."
Covered Bridge Wedding Registration form to be filled out and sent to: Allen Township, 4714 Indian Trail Road, Northampton, Pa. 18067
The Covered Bridge Society has assorted framed prints of the Covered Bridge for sale.
Large framed prints are $75.00 (unframed $15.00),
small framed prints are $55.00 (unframed $10.00).
If interested, contact the township at 610 262-7012.